Traveling to Southern California? The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum in Simi Valley is featuring a motorcycle exhibit until November 9. It contains 35 motorcycles divided into three sections: classic to modern Harleys, vintage motorcycles dating back 1899, and movie and celebrity motorcycles.
“Vintage” motorcycles on display include:
- 1903 Harley Davidson
- 1913 Californian
- 1922 Ner-A-Car
- 1948 Indian (from the Daytona 200)
- 1959 Cushman Eagle
- 1970 Jawa Speedway
- 1979 Honda CBX
- 2000 Custom Harley Chopper
- 2008 MV Agusta
Celebrity motorcycles include those ridden by Steve McQueen, Joe Jonas, Dan Gurney and Keith Carradine.
Movie motorcycles include:
- The 1920 Indian Scout ridden by Anthony Hopkins from “The World’s Fastest Indian”
- Arnold Schwarzenegger’s 1991 Indian from “The Terminator”
- Space Bike ridden by Adam Sandler in “Bedtime Stories”
- Motorized bicycle ridden by Will Smith and Kevin Kline in “Wild, Wild West”
- The Batgirl and Robin motorcycles ridden by Alicia Silverstone and Chris O’Donnell in “Batman and Robin”
- Motorcycle ridden by Chris Pine as Captain Kirk in “Star Trek”
The exhibit is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily and is included as part of the admission price for the library. Tickets are $12 for adults 18-61; seniors 62 and older, $9; youths 11-17, $6, and children younger than 11 are admitted free. For more information, call 800-410-8354.